April 4th, 2008
Silicon Florist gig board pricing reduced
[Editor: I apologize for the heavy Silicon-Florist-oriented content this week. Lots of stuff swirling about the site while news has been light. I'm digging around for more stories to get the focus back on you. Have something interesting? Drop me a line or, better yet, add your Silicon Forest startup to my watchlist.]
We’ve lost our lease! Everything must go!
Oh wait. This isn’t one of those posts. But it is about dropping prices.
Given that the Silicon Florist Gig board is all about helping Web startups, boutique development groups, and other companies with Web-tech oriented positions find the talent they need, it makes sense that, well, folks actually feel comfortable using it.
And unfortunately, since the free postings have been exhausted, the board has gone a bit stagnant. Which makes me think that the price to post may have been aggressive, at best, and perhaps oppressive, at worst. So, I’ve decided to drop the prices for posting.
Pricing is now a buck a day: $15 for 15 days. Hopefully, this will pique some interest and lower the pain of posting to the board.
Honestly, I’d just really like to see this work for employers, for jobseekers, and for the Silicon Forest tech community. So I’d love to hear from you. Still too expensive? Not long enough? Think I should givep the dream and just go free? What can I do? Let me know.
Feeling more comfortable with this direction? Please consider posting a gig.
In the comments below, Jason Grigsby asked, albeit in a bit more couth fashion, “What the heck am I getting for my hard-earned cash?”
Great question. As far as overall Silicon Florist exposure goes, the blog’s traffic numbers are always available via Quantcast or Compete. And the RSS feed subscribers are always available via that FeedBurner chiclet up top.
Below, you’ll find details on the specific number of views each job posting received (from most views to least).
- Community manager – Evangelist MyStrands (132 views)
- Web design freelance (130 views)
- Interactive Strategist Wieden+Kennedy (120 views)
- Web Application Developer Intrigo (93 views)
- Web Developer WeoGeo (87 views)
- Web Application Graphic Designer Intrigo (73 views)
- Rails Developer Planet Argon (69 views)
- Marketing and Sales Intrigo (67 views)
- Software Engineer, Level 1 Jive Software (60 views)
- Interactive Information Architect Wieden+Kennedy (55 views)
- Interactive Senior Designer Wieden+Kennedy (49 views)
- QA Engineer Tripwire, Inc. (46 views)
- Interactive Traffic Manager Wieden+Kennedy (45 views)
- Interactive QA Engineer Wieden+Kennedy (33 views)
- Senior Software QA Engineer Jive Software (30 views)
- Software Engineer – Library Development – Contract Position Lightfleet Corporation (19 views)
- Senior Optical Design Engineer Lightfleet Corporation (19 views)
- Director of Channel Sales Lightfleet Corporation (19 views)
- Director of Pre-Sales Engineering Lightfleet Corporation (15 views)
- Senior Software Engineer – Linux Kernel Lightfleet Corporation (14 views)
- Senior Staff Software Engineer – Linux Kernel Architect Lightfleet Corporation (13 views)
- Senior IC Verification Engineer Lightfleet Corporation (11 views)