June 15th, 2009
WordCamp Portland 2009 announces initial speakers
Without a doubt, one of Portland’s favorite blogging platforms is WordPress. And why wouldn’t it be? It’s open source. It’s easy to tweak and extend. And it’s got a great developer community both here in town and throughout the world.
And there’s no better place to learn about using, manipulating, and generally mucking with WordPress than WordCamp Portland. Don’t believe me? Well check out the speakers they just announced.
- Micah Baldwin, Chief Evangelist at Lijit, search tools created specifically for bloggers
- Scott Porad, CTO of Pet Holdings, makers of I Can Has Cheezburger, FAIL Blog, et al., aka the company that stresses WordPress capabilities more than any other)
- Duane Storey, creator of WPtouch, the WordPress plugin that transforms your site into a beautiful iPhone experience
- Tyler Sticka, a designer at McAfee Design Studio and much, much more
- Jason Grigsby, Vice President, Mobile and Web Strategist at Cloud Four