June 29th, 2009
Demolicious: Experiencing Portland’s technology of tomorrow, today (or more appropriately, Wednesday)
Interested in the freshest new products from the Portland technology types? Who isn’t? We all love the cutting-edge tech stuff around these parts.
Well, you’re in luck. Because there’s no better place to catch a glimpse of these new products in the wild than Portland Web Innovators’ quarterly Demolicious—an evening of folks demoing products you’ve probably never seen.
Even better news? It’s this week. That’s right! This Wednesday. I know. I can’t wait either.
So who’s demoing? I’m glad you asked. There’s an interesting cross-section of new Portland startup stuff on the docket.
- BrowserMob provides load testing that any Web site or Web app can afford. (I had the opportunity to cover BrowserMob earlier.)
- MobSpot is a soon-to-be-launching service for mobile app developers and app users on any platform.
- Total Event Manager is so fresh off the press that I can’t even find a link—but I’m willing to bet that it has something to do with event management, in totality.
- Yak Theater is a chat platform based on the concept of improv by constraining chat to scenarios and roles.
- iAte captures restaurant oriented tweets to get real-time reviews and insight into local eateries and watering holes.
Cool hunh? Yes, indeedy.