September 1st, 2009
Top 10 Silicon Florist posts for August 2009
It was a fairly quiet month here in the Silicon Forest. A nice ebb and flow of big stories punctuated by periods of silence. But it’s August. So that’s to be expected.
So what did the dog days of summer reveal for the startup scene in Oregon? Well, even as quiet as it was, there were still quite a few stories—here and there—that got people talking. Which ones? Well, here are the top 10 posts according to your peers—a combination of Web and RSS metrics—from Silicon Florist for August 2009. Take a look.
- Getting even more creative: Wieden + Kennedy launches Portland Incubator Experiment
- WordCamp Portland: Let the registration begin
- Fake Linus Torvalds: It’s like Fake Steve Jobs only open
- Sad news: SplashCast hits the off button on Social TV
- SwedeShop: IKEA on the iPhone
- Portland Ten Lunch 2.0 Features Livepitches and Late Lunch
- Webtrends releases Webtrends Analytics 9, initial reviews are ecstatic
- City of Portland regarding PortlandOnline design contest: Oopie.
- Waze and means: Helping test drive Waze means a free Whiffies pie for you
- Portland, Oregon, is the most entrepreneurial town in the world (Published in July 2009)
Here’s looking forward to an even more eventful September.
(Image courtesy Joe M500. Used under Creative Commons.)