March 20th, 2013
What do you want… a medal? Oh. Well then consider submitting your social media company or project for the SoMe Awards
I know, I know. Many of you slog through the inhumane trenches of social media. Day in and day out. Unrecognized and unheralded. All but ignored. But the folks at the SoMe Awards—a celebration of the most outstanding efforts in social media—are on your side. And they want you to win.
But you know what they always say, don’t you?
No. I didn’t mean that. Um… Yes, free is a very good price. But that’s not what I meant either. Hmm? Uh yeah. No. And I don’t know how a walrus figures into it.
Sigh. Fine. I’ll just tell you.
They always say “you can’t win if you don’t enter.” And so that’s what you—unsung hero and/or heroine of the social medias (that’s even one of the categories)—should do.
Here are your categories:
- Dream Team: Best use of social media by a marketing agency to engage customers and raise brand awareness.
- ET Phone Home: Best social utilization within a mobile centric campaign or application.
- Go Local: Best use of social media by a local business to develop a committed following.
- Han Solo: Recognition of the best social media freelancer – going it ‘alone’, without the support of an agency or in-house marketing team.
- House Party: Best use of social media by an in-house marketing team to engage customers and raise brand awareness.
- In the Trenches: Most effective use of social media to provide customer support and build deeper relationships with your online community
- Just ‘Cause: Best use of social media to raise awareness and/or solicit donations for a cause or a non-profit organization.
- Lemons to Lemonade: Best use of social media to respond, inform and manage a crisis. Did you turn lemons into lemonade?
- People’s Choice: Entry is by submission of a video illustrating the success of a social media campaign. Voting by the public.
- Social Tool of the Year: Recognition for the most useful and innovative social media tool.
- Unsung Hero: Honors the community manager who has best used social media to grow, support and provide value to an online community.
So there you have it. Plenty of opportunities to shine a little light on your own projects—or someone else’s project that you find compelling.
Going to go for it? Cool. Apply by April 1. Winners will be announced at the SoMe Awards, May 16, 2013.