November 1st, 2013
What are you doing this weekend? That’s right. Working on your 2014 SXSW Accelerator application.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with the SXSW Accelerator folks for a number of years. And I’ve been greatly impressed with how the program has grown and improved, year after year. Well, now it’s time to get the next crop of startups into the program. And if you’re game, I’d encourage you to apply to the 2014 SXSW Accelerator.
First things first. Are you eligible? Well, let’s see.
- Was your product or service launched after March 15, 2013? Or, if it’s still in development, will your product or service be available before June 15, 2014?
- Can you pick your favorite product or service to submit (because you only get to submit one)?
- Do your founders retain some portion of ownership in the company?
- Have you raised less than $5 million in outside investment?
- Does your product fit within one of these technology categories: Enterprise and Big Data, Entertainment and Content, Health, Social, Wearable, or Innovative?
If you answered, “yes”—or at least shrugged in a positive fashion—to the questions above, what are you waiting for?
Why am I encouraging you to do this? Well, for one, it’s the chance to get your startup out there in front of an international audience. Second, it’s an opportunity to meet up with a bunch of interesting folks at SXSW, both startups and otherwise. Third, um, barbecue? Quit pressuring me! It’s a good idea. I swear.
But be advised, the competition is formidable.
For 2014, SXSW Accelerator will likely receive more than 500 total entries. Only 48 of these entries will be selected as finalists and invited to present in March in Austin. So, the competition to be part of SXSW Accelerator is extremely tough!
But I know you can do it.
So take a few minutes to gather your resources and get to work on your 2014 SXSW Accelerator application. Because it’s due in a week. Or you can continue to procrastinate by getting more information on the 2014 SXSW Accelerator.