Business Development Director
|Date Posted||Jul 16, 2012|
About COPIOUS: We’re a digital agency in Portland, Oregon that focuses on crafting the best digital products and experiences in the US. We’ve recently been named the #27th fastest growing privately owned company in Oregon and SW Washington. We’ve earned a strong reputation for excellent strategic, creative and technical services for clients across the country. We are authentic, truly passionate people who advocate for our clients success each and every day. We’re out to help brands change their entire digital landscape.
You’re someone who already understands what it means to sell digital. What we create is unique - and the you’re the kind of person who loves to sell solutions that meet and exceed clients needs.
You’ll get a lead stream and you’ll need your own Rolodex as well. You will come in and hit the ground running - you understand what it takes to score the big wins in a field that’s always rapidly changing.
Words that describe you: driven, smart, savvy, integrous - Sound like you, love a challenge? Lets talk.
Responsibilities & Who You're Being:
- An expert hunter - you’re driven to understand clients, their business needs and have an entrepreneurial spirit to make sure those needs become great digital solutions
- Creator and builder of relationships -all while closing sales
- Achieving and documenting continuous volume of: calls, networking, and meetings each week
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of clients by following a sound sales process and developing target lists - you have a track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Be an active advocate keeping the firm leadership up to date on client desires/demands have an influential voice how we close the right clients.
- Build a trusted client base by asking critical business questions and delivering solutions along with fanatical customer service
- Actively participate and network with professionals within the community to stay on top of industry trends and share your knowledge with others
- Exceed client and internal expectations by providing timely communication and solutions to problems and bringing a can-do attitude
- Be an incredible team player that works hard to help our team and our clients grow
- Lead teams in closing business and mentor other sales people
- Craft proposals and work with the Account and Production team to develop SOW and budgets
- 5+ years experience in business development or sales selling digital marketing, business consulting or software services, ideally within an agency or professional services firm
- A solid online network (if you have fewer than 400 LinkedIn connections, then this role might not be right for you…)
- Experience closing sales in the 100k to 2m range
- Experience orchestrating and leading sales presentations that coordinate multiple disciplines and speak to multiple internal stakeholders
- Creating compelling proposals that accurately present our value proposition and speak to the clients strategic goals
- A proven track record of filling sales pipelines and exceeding sales quotas.
- Work/life balance. We say it, we mean it.
- We celebrate out of the box thinking and innovation
- Full 100% company paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you AND your entire family
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- Stability/low turnover: We boast very low turnover and pride ourselves on that fact. People come here, stay and grow
- Flexible vacation offered; we believe in rewarding hard work as you help us achieve our goals
- Very vision and mission driven
COPIOUS is a smart team of talented folks that take a craftsmanship approach to create great work for leading clients. We were recently named one of the 2011 Fastest Growing Private 100 Companies in Oregon. We love variety and new challenges — whether it’s a custom app for a start-up or completely overhauling an online brand for established, national clients.
Check us out on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/copiousagency and Twitter too: https://twitter.com/copiousagency
How To Apply
To apply, fill out our online application at http://www.copio.us/careers/job-application