iPad Product Manager
|Date Posted||May 11, 2012|
@WalmartLabs, downtown Portland
At Walmart Global eCommerce, we develop the e-commerce strategy and technology that deliver on the promise of Walmart's price leadership, broad assortment and superior customer experience -- whether that customer is in Beijing, Montreal, or Leeds. If you have the vision and passion to see the challenges of the global market, the skill and savvy to bring solutions for unique and unprecedented challenges and the drive to serve our customers, we want to meet you. Walmart serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 10,130 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of $443 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.
The iPad Product Manager is responsible for driving the vision, strategy, and management of the iPad app product portfolio for Walmart. The candidate must effectively translate business goals and end user needs into product strategies, as well as develop product roadmaps and specifications that deliver business and customer value. App responsibilities will include Walmart for iPad and future iPad apps.
This individual must be an evangelist for iPad and the iOS platform and have a deep understanding of the customers' needs, the product portfolio, and the competitive landscape. The iPad Product Manager acts as the product champion for the iPad product portfolio at Walmart, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively to senior stakeholders, working closely with multiple teams on advancing Walmart's iPad mobile application efforts. This will include initiatives that enhance the existing product portfolio as well as the development of new products. The iPad Product Manager must have the confidence and knowledge to successfully own iPad product management within the @WalmartLabs Mobile Team.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator and build strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual is a strategic and analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, a strong work ethic, and a detail and results oriented approach. The candidate's product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products. This role reports to the Director of Mobile Product Management.
* Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, definition, and roadmap for a product area in support of business goals, end user needs, competitive solutions, industry standards, and emerging technologies
* Collaborates with the business, design, and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features
* Specifies, prioritizes, and communicates high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows, and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents
* Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Product Management
* Supports product implementation and deployment for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects
* Works closely with design, engineering, project management, and QA during the product development process to ensure the successful launch of apps meeting business needs
* Partners with marketing, public relations, and the business units on the product launch plan to maximize public exposure and widespread product adoption
* Reviews of customer & market research, user feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
* Defines, tracks and improves key product metrics
* Manages partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration
* Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
* 2 years experience in mobile application product management.
* 2 years experience in online retail, eCommerce, or Internet industries
* 1 year experience shipping mobile applications on major smartphone or tablet platforms such as iOS or Android
* 1 year experience shipping consumer applications
* 1 year experience in the development and management of a technical product roadmap
* Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) degree
* Startup experience a plus
To apply, please send a resume and intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org