|Company Name||Elemental Technologies|
|Date Posted||Oct 09, 2012|
Does supporting the team that is developing innovative infrastructure for the online and mobile video revolution sound like a challenge you would relish? If so, you’ve found the right place! Elemental Technologies is the leading provider of video processing solutions that enable multi-screen content delivery and we’re actively seeking out the best and brightest.
The mission of this job is to help Elemental perfect the media experience by managing our IT infrastructure and processes. In this role you will ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department and alignment with the business objectives of the organization. You will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, while providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
As IT Manager, you will:
• Lead the IT Department’s operational and strategic planning
• Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of IT infrastructure and IT systems
• Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision
• Manage and support all IT systems
• Work with stakeholders to define technical business and systems requirements
• Manage IT staff, including development and mentoring
• Keep current with the latest technologies
• Control asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment
• Provide for technical support to all employees and departments
• Continuously focus on scaling the IT capabilities ahead of business needs
The successful implementation of this job requires, at a minimum:
• A 4-year college degree in computer science or related field
• Strong technical knowledge of network and operating systems, including Linux and Windows
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
• At least 7 years of related experience
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in simple and understandable terms
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to embrace mundane tasks with as much enthusiasm and attention as high-level strategic tasks
• The ability to deal with an intense, upbeat work environment that is evolving very quickly; to embrace and harness change
In addition to mastery of the requisite technical skills, we expect you to be:
• Honest, with integrity: you don’t cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidences, do what is right (not just what is politically expedient) and speak plainly and truthfully
• Customer centric: Elemental’s customers are some of the largest media & entertainment properties on the planet. We focus on being professional, responsive, and a great partner for these firms.
• Innovative: you generate new and creative approaches to problems
Elemental Technologies is the leading provider of video processing solutions that enable multiscreen content delivery. We are actively seeking the best and brightest candidates to join our team. We offer a spirited, stimulating and performance-driven environment that requires you to bring your “A” game every day.
In addition to working with world-class colleagues, benefits include:
•excellent health care plans
•matching 401k program
•incentive stock options
•tuition reimbursement program
•a ZipCar and Car2Go allowance for personal use
•annual TriMet passes
•a copious supply of fabulous food, both in the kitchen and at our weekly Lunch-and-Learns
Our headquarters are located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon with easy access to all the amenities the central city has to offer. If you have a penchant for big dreams, the engine to get there and a passion for doing it the right way, you owe it to yourself to check out opportunities at Elemental.
This job involves sitting at a desk in front of a computer, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, standing and walking. Strenuous physical activity will be required, including lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
Lastly, to keep our lawyers happy, we must include the following:
Disclaimer: One must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
***Please visit our website to apply: http://www.elementaltechnologies.com/company/careers/opportunities-at-elemental