|Date Posted||Apr 03, 2012|
You'll collaborate with a Portland-based team of engineers to create unique, powerful, and useful tools that help realtors, investors, and government customers quickly make informed decisions.
ForeclosureRadar.com is an industry leader with an entrepreneurial start-up culture. We are self-funded, financially sound, and serve a vibrant and growing market segment. ForeclosureRadar has offices in North Lake Tahoe / Truckee, Discovery Bay, CA and Portland, Oregon.
* Delight our users with maps that present mashups of our unique data with demographics in ways never seen before. Create maps that show what's actually happening in real estate markets.
* Make the complex seem simple. Build interactive components which elegantly present information. Participate in brainstorming and help shape future products.
* Develop code for both server and client as needed. Work with our data team and server-side engineers to create queries, caches, and backend processes that provide our customers fast and up-to-date visuals.
* Experience using GIS datastores and creating geospatial queries. Familiarity with using tile layers and shapefiles to create visual representations of data.
* Professional work habits, experience with SCM and issue tracking systems mandatory. Agile development expertise (and preference for).
* Graphic design and UI / UX skills a plus.
* BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, who like to identify and prioritize problems and creatively resolve them, and thrive within a hands-on, do-it-yourself, start-up environment with minimal supervision. Community-minded individuals familiar with open source software and culture.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a flexible and fun work environment, competitive medical and dental benefits, paid time off, and educational and bike commuting reimbursement. Ask about “No Free Lunch” Fridays! Salary is negotiable based upon experience.
Send cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile and project links (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only full-time, portland-based developers please; no recruiters, contractors, or part-timers.