|Company Name||Plywerk Inc.|
|Date Posted||Mar 17, 2012|
In business since 2007, Plywerk is a small (currently 15 people) Portland, Oregon based startup, specializing in photo mounting services and bamboo art-panel manufacturing and sales. This is a unique opportunity to provide the digital backbone to a US based manufacturing operation making a high quality eco-conscious product. All Plywerk are made by real humans right here in Portland Oregon. Think of us as the Timbuk2 of photo-products.
Plywerk has the management team, the product, exposure (currently featured in Martha Stewart's Whole Living magazine) and exponential growth in the consumer, professional and wholesale market. We are now seeking a highly experienced full-time developer to join our team, take the reigns on our digital assets, and help us take Plywerk to the next level.
Plywerk.com and it's back-end product manufacturing, order fulfillment, sales and administrative systems have 5 years of development and optimization under their belt. Our systems have matured nicely, right now they are in the annoying teenage stage with acne and stubbornness in abundance, and we need a lead developer to step in to teach our systems what being an adult is all about and send them off to college.
We are a fun, young and edgy team of people who are all tired of working for companies who care more about profit than people. Read more about us, hug some of our team members, and find information about our triple bottom line (people, planet and profit) operating philosophy here: www.plywerk.com/content/about, www.plywerk.com/content/green and www.plywerk.com/content/media.
Experience is important but intelligence, communication skills, organization, ability to focus on the job at hand, delegate when needed, and self-manage your time/projects will also be necessary assets for a successful candidate.
Why should I join Plywerk?
- Be part of an exciting team and extremely fast growing business.
- No manager looking over your back telling you to code this way or that way. As long as you meet deadlines and everything works then we'll leave you alone. . . well, most of the time ;).
- The opportunity to grow from Lead Developer to Technology Director (and that's not just a title, you'll have plenty of say).
- Get stock-options and one-day cash-out with the rest of us.
- Although there will be weeks where more than 40hrs are required we also value a healthy work/life balance.
- Get a free healthy lunch with the rest of us on the company every day (no kidding).
- Did I mention how much fun we have!
- If you don't already, you get to live in Portland, Oregon.
- Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP)
- Server Administration from the command line
- Symfony Framework v1.4
- CodeIgnitor Framework
- Redmine and SVN administration
- Mobile app development
- Previous startup experience
To apply, send us an introductory email with your resume, LinkedIn profile and/or website.
Compensation: salary + stock options