Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
|Location||Seattle (Pioneer Sq), WA|
|Date Posted||Feb 17, 2012|
You will provide hands-on testing leadership for the project team building the core platform. You will participate and drive real-world development where scale and performance really matter.Your recent experience must be directly with big data, with scalability testing, about “hardening” (HA), and about security. You must have tested the underlying DBMS, not just database applications. A big advantage would be working on Graph500 benchmarks, on OLAP TPCs, on scalability/performance testing with Hadoop, Cassandra and/or MapReduce or similar. Hands-on means that you are an expert on Linux and a strong programmer in C/C++, Python, or other Linux development environments. Big data means multiple terabytes, pedabytes better. Massively parallel systems experience a big plus.
* Expert with Linux - no exceptions
* Strong programmer with experience in Python, Java, C/C++ and similar languages
* Strong computer science foundations in distributed systems, databases and testing
* Must be results/deadline-oriented; able to deal with stressful situations
* Low level systems knowledge – able to reason about software-hardware interactions
* Lead calmly; good at prioritizing
* Python, php, LAMP
* Experience with geospatial, graph and/or sensor data
* College degree preferred, advanced degree is even better
* DBA skills
* Strong SQL skills
* Enterprise software product development experience
* Cloud development and operating experience
* Experience in both small projects (5-10 engineers) and in large projects (25-75 engineers).
* 3 years hands-on with large-scale database servers and/or significant backend systems
* Experience with very large databases and HA.
* 2 years hands-on experience with distributed and/or clustered software scalability
* Experience with both Agile and traditional (RUP, waterfall, etc.) project teams
* Experience working in growing/changing environment
* Must be assertive and pro-active in approaching job responsibilities
* Must be professional and effective about team leadership
* Must be flexible about hours, priorities, job load
* Individual initiative, high energy required
SpaceCurve is an exciting, growing software startup in Seattle’s Pioneer Square. We are creating a world-class database platform for real-time geospatial applications, delivered on the cloud.