Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps
|Date Posted||Jan 30, 2012|
In this new position in our Systems Engineering team, you'll collaborate with a team of engineers to create and support unique, powerful, and useful tools that help realtors, investors, and government customers quickly make informed decisions. This DevOps role includes numerous programming challenges to support an effective, scalable infrastructure.
ForeclosureRadar is an industry leader with an entrepreneurial start-up culture. We are self-funded, financially sound, and serve a vibrant and growing market segment. ForeclosureRadar is based in Discovery Bay, CA with an entirely Portland-based development team.
- Part of team supporting EC2 cloud-based infrastructure of Linux servers
- Work with a variety of tools and scripting languages to automate data processes.
- Comfortable with the Unix command line and scripting.
- Experience with scripting languages, including PHP, Perl and/or Python.
- Ability to write small scripts that interface with remote servers and information services (e.g.
REST, SOAP, XML).
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, columnar-store or non-relational DB's.
- An eye for details and ability to effectively test code you and others build, including unit tests.
- Education in Computer Science/Engineering or related field a plus.
- Experience with web-based automated testing tools a plus.
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills who like to identify and prioritize problems and creatively resolve them, and thrive within a hands-on, do-it-yourself, start-up environment with minimal supervision. Individuals who are community-minded and familiar with open source software and culture are highly encouraged to apply.