Mobile Customer Advocate
|Date Posted||Sep 11, 2012|
The Mobile Customer Advocate is responsible for being the “voice of the customer” for Walmart’s mobile products – mobile website, smartphone and tablet apps, such as iPhone, iPad, and Android, and future mobile products. The candidate will be responsible for direct interaction and support of Walmart’s mobile customers, as well as analysis of customer feedback via email, social media, and App Stores, to effectively track top customer complaints and suggestions for future product releases.
The Mobile Customer Advocate is both an externally and internally facing position. Externally, this candidate will provide prompt, friendly, and helpful service to customers via email, social media, and App Stores, being the representative of the mobile team to our customers. It is essential that this candidate have a positive attitude, even when dealing with unhappy customers. Internally, the Mobile Customer Advocate represents the top customer complaints and suggestions to the various mobile product teams and represents their interests in regards to the development of the mobile product roadmaps and release schedule. The Mobile Customer Advocate must have the confidence and knowledge to successfully own customer interaction and advocacy within the @WalmartLabs Mobile Team.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator and build strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual is a people person with the ability to relate to customers and represent their interests. This role reports to the Director of Mobile Product Management and will be based in Portland, Oregon, or San Bruno, California.
• Provides world-class customer service to Walmart’s mobile customers via email, social media, and App Stores
• Represents the top customer complaints and suggestions to the various mobile product teams
• Works with the individual product managers to incorporate customer feedback into upcoming releases
• Works with the Engineering and QA teams to collect specific customer feedback for troubleshooting of issues
• Tracks App Store reviews and ratings and updates the @WalmartLabs Mobile Team on a regular basis, both in terms of emerging customer issues and week-to-week data trending
• Tests mobile apps to confirm customer feedback and provide further details
• Reviews user feedback to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
• Provides input to marketing, public relations, and the business units on the product launch plan to maximize customer exposure and widespread product adoption
• Defines, tracks and improves key customer metrics
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Prior job experience with Internet-based customer service
• Excellent written communications skills, coupled with a positive and empathic attitude, even when dealing with emotional customer complaints
• Confidently computer literate with a familiarity of social media and communications tools
• Experience with smartphones (such as iPhone or Android) and tablets (such as the iPad or Nexus 7)
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, including formulas and charts
• 2 years experience in Internet-based customer service
• 2 years experience in online retail, eCommerce, or Internet industries
• Startup experience a plus
To apply, please send a resume and intro email to email@example.com.