Professional Services Engineer - Software
|Company Name||FlightStats, Inc.|
|Date Posted||Sep 11, 2012|
We are currently looking for a professional services engineer to join our development team located in downtown Portland. The successful candidate will join our Traveler Services team and work on a variety of projects for our largest travel agency and airline customers. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced engineer to join our team and make an immediate contribution to the success of our customers and our company.
• Work closely with account manager and project manager to make sure customer requirements are properly documented and clearly defined.
• Convert product requirements into deliverables, set priorities, and establish accurate timelines.
• Design, write, and test production ready software code in support of the customer projects.
• Provide troubleshooting and support of products, interacting directly with customers
• Work closely with product team to leverage existing product solution sets and integrate customers.
• Limited business travel may be required for larger engagements.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or statistics, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years software development experience.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks and reorganize priorities as needed.
• Good customer facing skills with the ability to explain technology at a developer, manager, and executive level.
• Strong Java and Java EE skills and experience.
• Familiarity with using web services.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on products and software used to create products.
• Experience with ExactTarget e-mail software a plus.
• Ability to work as an individual contributor, as well as work as an effective, collaborative member of the team.
• Proven track record for delivering quality solutions in a timely manner.
We recruit the best talent in software development, marketing, business development and user-experience design. We offer a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid time off programs; an open environment, flexible work hours, an outstanding team, and management that respects individuals and recognizes contributions.
If you are interested in joining a small, fast-paced, technology company, please upload your resume with cover letter at http://www.flightstats-inc.com/company/employment or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing your resume, please include “Professional Services Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
For more information, visit our website: http://www.flightstats-inc.com/
FlightStats, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.