|Company Name||Jama Software|
|Location||Pearl District, OR|
|Date Posted||Mar 20, 2012|
This is your chance to join a seasoned team at an award-winning company in the Pearl District of Portland and play a key role in our rapidly growing organization. Jama designs web-based software that is used by product development teams around the world to help them build great products. We work with hundreds of innovative companies from agile startups to Fortune 100 organizations.
In this role, you will participate in the testing process for ensuring high quality releases of our software application, Jama Contour. You will be expected to execute test cases and capture unexpected behavior with exacting attention to detail. We use agile, lightweight methodologies where we execute on sprints and develop new releases of Contour every few weeks or months, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that embraces change and collaborates openly with employees, customers and partners to build high quality solutions.
You will report directly to the QA manager and take ownership of various testing and quality assurance activities.
* Execute tests across supported browsers, databases and operating systems
* Work with test automation processes and scripts
* Work closely with the engineering team to test new functionality and fix bugs
* Use QA best practices
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* 2+ years of QA/testing experience
* Experience testing web applications
* Experience with open source tools such as Selenium, CVS/Subversion, Hudson
* Understanding of test automation, software development processes and tools
* Familiarity with SQL on various database servers and Apache Tomcat app server
* Exposure to web based tools like Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Clover
* Experience working directly with developers and product management teams
* Experience with various test environments for configuration testing, including cloud servers and virtual servers via VMware (or similar)
* Stellar writing and communication skills
* Keen analytical skills and proven problem solving ability
* Ability to exceed expectations and consistently meet deadlines
* Ability to cultivate and maintain supportive relationships within the team
* Ambition to learn, share ideas openly
Jama is a place where all employees have a stake in the success of the company. It's where every day we have the opportunity to work with smart, innovative companies solving challenging problems. We expect a lot from our employees and we hire talented people who expect a lot from themselves. We offer a casual environment, flexible hours and a place to grow. There are no stuffy offices, no unnecessary meetings and no rocks to hide under. We work hard, take our commitments seriously, but have fun doing it. A majority of our staff rides their bikes to work, and the others at least wave as they drive past them. Our marketing team prints more t-shirts than brochures.
We believe in working in a very open and collaborative environment with our customers and partners, thus they contribute to our product roadmap as much as we do. If this sounds like a place you'd like to work, then we'd like to hear from you. You’ll also need to love start-ups and be energized by finding creative solutions to problems, addressing new challenges every day and doing whatever needs to get done. This comes with significant responsibility which we all thrive on.