|Company Name||Puppet Labs|
|Date Posted||Mar 14, 2012|
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Interested in being an integral part of the release of software used on all major Linux distributions? Would you like to see the results of your efforts improve large scale deployments at major players like Google and Zynga?
Puppet Labs is hiring a Release Engineer to develop, implement and maintain our release management lifecycle. In this role, you will manage and control product releases and work closely with engineering, marketing, sales, and operations to ensure quality product is released in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will develop and implement business plans, policies, and procedures, collaborate with other teams to prioritize software configuration needs and maintain deadlines for software release, and evaluate results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met. As a Release Engineer, you are skilled at analyzing and resolving software configuration issues to maintain product integrity and overall rollout of software.
* Extensive experience in IT Operations.
* Understanding of software engineering, technology operations, MIS management, and release & configuration management in a *nix environment.
* Experience with Open Source packaging and collaboration.
* Experience in IT management and system administration.
* Experience in managing security vulnerabilities.
* Ability to engage at a technical level with stakeholders.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Please include a cover letter with your application describing how you feel your experience is a fit for the qualifications of this position. In addition, please answer the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Describe the technology stack of a project you worked on. What worked well? What would you change?
3) What's your favorite Unix/Linux packaging system and why? Compare/contrast it with your least favorite.
Working for Puppet Labs:
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.