Senior Sales Engineer
|Company Name||Puppet Labs|
|Date Posted||Feb 03, 2012|
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Love utilizing your technical knowledge in a sales-focused role? Excited about what Puppet is doing and want to be a part of it?
Puppet Labs is hiring a Senior Sales Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. In this role, you will provide advanced technical pre-sales support to our Sales team, by assisting our Account Managers in answering our customers’ technical queries, demonstrating our products, developing Statements of Work, and deliver technical responses to sales inquiries. You’ll communicate the technical and business value proposition of Puppet Labs’ products and assist clients in the successful completion of Proof of Concept engagements. In addition, you’ll attend and speak at events, assist in the development of Product & Marketing collateral, and contribute customer requirements to Product Management.
* 7-10 years’ experience in a software sales engineering role.
* Strong industry knowledge.
* Experience in a Unix/Linux systems administration or development role.
* Experience using Puppet or other configuration management tools in a production environment.
* Experience working with internal Sales, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams.
* Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present to and engage our rapidly growing customer base.
* Familiarity with and excitement about Open Source.
* Ability and willingness to travel 50%.
Preferred but not required:
* BA or BS degree in computer science or a related field.
* Professional services experience in an open source or enterprise software company.
Please include a cover letter with your resume addressing the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Please summarize your background in *nix systems administration and/or development, including your level of experience with configuration management.
3) Why do you think you would be great at communicating Puppet Enterprise’s technical value?
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.