Senior User Interface Designer-Mobile Applications
|Company Name||Ascend Learning|
|Date Posted||Apr 11, 2012|
Informed Publishing (www.informedguides.com) a division of Ascend Learning, is seeking dynamic and talented UI designers to play a key role in building acclaimed mobile applications.
To view Informed’s mobile apps use this link:
Informed Publishing Mobile Apps On iTunes
Our next generation of apps will support distance learning, test preparation and learning assessments for nurses and other critical career fields. To make the mobile eLearning experience as engaging and as effective as possible, we are seeking experienced UI design professionals who have a detailed eye for how to create exciting user experiences.
Required User Interface Designer Candidate Experience & Qualifications:
• Demonstrable skills in iOS or Android apps UI/UX design.
• Extensive UI design skills for mobile applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work effectively on small teams who are collaborating with subject matter experts and business unit stakeholders.
• Strong front-end development skills, including proficiency in HTML, CSS and Java. Candidates with working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 will be prioritized.
• A strong understanding of platform constraints and the ability to cross-design to serve the needs of our users.
• A commitment to design consistency through the use of style guides and style sheets, and a desire to contribute to and support established standards and best practices in app design and development.
• Detail-oriented, organized and methodical, with strong time-management skills.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Minimum 3+ years of design experience in agencies, app labs or studios.
• Ability to advise other UI designers.
• Passion for mobile technology and how it can improve education!
If you have a passion for designing user experiences for mobile apps and games, please apply!
To apply please visit www.ascendlearning.com/careers.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.