Senior UX Designer
|Company Name||Atlatl, LLC|
|Date Posted||Sep 12, 2012|
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for identifying and articulating the needs, goals, and requirements that guide Atlatl projects and translating these into workflow and interaction models that form the basis of the overall user experience. The successful candidate oversees conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, user-centered design, and usability engineering practices across multiple projects including web sites, mobile sites, and mobile applications. The Senior UX Designer articulates and executes best practices and standards for UX within project teams, to product management, and to stakeholders. In addition, this individual will work with other team leads to provide a cohesive user experience throughout all Atlatl Interactive platforms. Some of the responsibilities are:
• Lead the requirements definition and product discovery process, working closely with product development, internal business stakeholders, product delivery and sales teams to best achieve business goals.
• Define and execute best practices for user-centered design throughout the project lifecycle, incorporating user observation and usability testing, web metrics data, market research, and other qualitative and quantitative information.
• Create requirements documentation, functional specifications, process maps, wireframes, and other written deliverables that capture and communicate the detailed results of the analysis process.
• Work closely with product development team members to evaluate feasibility and maintainability of designs.
• Work with the project team throughout the project lifecycle to ensure proper interpretation and implementation of identified requirements, particularly during quality assurance activities.
• Work with product managers to define strategy for product development based on user research and end user value analysis.
• Employ industry-standard technologies to produce work; responsible for maintaining professional skill level, including knowledge of industry trends.
• Five to seven years of experience in user experience design and information architecture, user analysis and requirements definition for Internet-related and mobile projects. An expert in a variety of user research and usability approaches.
• Experience with Enterprise B2B software, online publishing, content management, CRM, digital media highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in project leadership.
• Demonstrated experience with intensive technology projects, including systems integration, package customization, and custom application development.
• Experience working in Agile, a highly collaborative environment where all team members are invited to provide input to major decisions.
*Applications are only reviewed for candidates that fit the qualifications of the job as listed. No phone calls, please.
Atlatl is an equal employment opportunity. Atlatl recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.