|Company Name||Tater Tot Designs|
|Date Posted||Oct 16, 2012|
The User Experience Designer will join Tater Tot Designs’ growing UX team and play a key role in determining how users will interact with our products. We are looking for someone who is skilled in various areas of UX, including design, user research, information architecture, wire-framing, and usability testing. The UX Designer will also assist the design team with demonstrating states and transitions through the use of layered comps.
The candidate will work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment and will be responsible for crafting the architecture and user experience of our projects via designs and detailed wireframes. Your work will be used to communicate the user experience via visual design to front-end developers, as well as serve as part of the detailed specification for software engineers. You will also be expected to conduct usability tests on new and existing features.
If this describes you, please submit your resume and include a link to your portfolio of your work. If you do not have an online portfolio, you can also attach an offline version with your application.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
Portland, Ore. area – no relocation available.
• Create detailed designs and wireframes for complex web applications and native applications in a short amount of time
• Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable and elegant design solutions
• Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
• Document and present research findings and recommendations
• Collaborate with visual designers to ensure design matches your vision
• Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
• Keep up-to-date with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices
• Work with product managers to define and prioritize features needed to create great user experiences
• A bachelor’s or advanced degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
• 1-4 years of professional experience in user experience design and research
• Proficiency in creating wireframes using tools such as Omnigraffle or Visio.
• Expert proficiency in Photoshop – bonus points for experience with Illustrator.
• Experience in UX Research techniques such as usability testing competitive evaluation, and personas (Nice-to-haves include experience in contextual inquiry, heuristic evaluation, card sorting, surveys)
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative, Agile team
• Juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be extremely self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
• Be able to articulate your ideas to designers, product managers and developers, both verbally or in writing
Tater Tot Designs offers a great work environment with numerous perks along with excellent salary and great benefits.
Tater Tot Designs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.