|Date Posted||Sep 05, 2012|
ShopIgniter enables brands and retailers to promote and sell products using social media. Industry leaders such as Nike Golf, Omaha Steaks, Levi's and Target use ShopIgniter's tools and expertise to run campaigns that drive product discovery, amplification and purchase. Fans and followers access the brand's rich posts and campaign experiences through social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ and on mobile and the web. Founded in 2009, ShopIgniter is proud to be headquartered in Portland, OR.
The UX Developer owns the customer-facing, front-end implementation of the ShopIgniter platform and works closely with the Social Solutions Consultant, the technology team and our clients to implement social product promotion experiences. We are seeking an experienced user experience developer that bridges the gap between design and technology. Someone who is part designer, part developer. Someone who both understands and can apply design constraints on concepts that are difficult or time-consuming to implement. The UX Developer should be savvy with the current landscape around social commerce and its adoption in order to be able to effectively implement strategies and programs on the ShopIgniter platform.
• Wow clients with your proven expertise of ShopIgniter's innovative social commerce platform
• Develop clean, easy-to-read, semantic HTML markup and CSS, adhering to W3C specifications and best practices
• Translate project specifications and comps into consistent, fast, and engaging user experiences
• Assist the Social Solutions Consultant with client project requirements gathering and user interface design
• Apply techniques for cross-browser and cross-platform interface development
• Work closely with product management team members to create user-focused designs for web-based applications and products
• Create prototypes to explore design ideas, support usability testing, and obtain buy-in
• Assist QA and Customer Service efforts in resolving front end issues with the platform, particularly around cross-browser compatibility
• Keep up on current technologies and trends
Skills & Experience:
• Experience developing with Facebook applications and Open Graph actions
• Experience working with commerce platforms and social retail applications
• Deep understanding of User Experience best practices
• Experience with responsive site development
• Experience with integration of a multitude of web services and APIs
• Familiarity with Git or other source code management systems
• Ability to collaborate with technical and product team members and to mentor other interface developers
• Ability to translate business and user requirements, visual design compositions, and wireframes into functioning presentation layer markup, style, and interactions
• Ability to collaborate with technical team members and to mentor junior colleagues
• Ability to adapt to iterative requirements while under tight deadlines
• Ability to articulate a strong viewpoint on both technical and design decisions
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond to changing business and technical environments
Key Attributes of our Best:
• Understands even the greatest have something to learn.
• Relentless drive to succeed with a "bring it on" attitude. Never, ever give up.
• Believes anything can happen, especially if he/she is leading the way.
• Quality is the only outcome.
• Consistently demonstrates the capability, drive, and confidence to exceed your expected results.
• Experience with MS Office Professional applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote)
• Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.).
• Strong customer orientation.
• Willingness to take risks and openness to change.
• Extensive computer and phone use; email intensive environment.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
ShopIgniter Inc., is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. ShopIgniter, Inc. complies with all laws reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.