Web Services Developer
|Date Posted||Apr 10, 2012|
We are 4-Tell. We build the Boost® Recommendation Engine, a cloud-based service that increases sales for online retailers with personalized product recommendations. We are a venture funded startup led by high-tech veterans, and aim to be the #1 provider in our part of the multi-billion dollar ecommerce market. We have around 100 clients, support 7 ecommerce platform partners, grew 10x in revenue last year, and plan to grow 12x in revenue this year.
As a Web Services developer at 4-Tell you will evolve and enhance our core Boost engine which is poised to disrupt the product recommendation market with our intelligent and automated solution. You will be a key part of the team that will architect and implement the features that will expand 4-Tell from 100 clients to tens of thousands. You will be focused on our core solution and acquiring the early knowledge that will make you a respected team member as we rapidly expand our engineering department to keep up with customer demand.
We’re looking for really smart people who are focused on creating great code. You will be at the forefront of a high volume C# .NET solution using Agile development on the Microsoft Azure platform.
• Improve our architecture so we can handle tens of millions of web services calls per day, process terabytes of data and assure a secure, redundant system
• Clearly set your objectives and tasks in measurable chunks that you and the team agree upon and will allow 4-Tell to maintain an Agile team
• Implement core features with unit tests that assure quick builds and releases, smooth integration with production code and well defined functions that QA personnel can test and check off.
• Become a master of Azure deployment and scalability
• Be prepared to share you program design and help other developers to create the best code possible
• Clearly document code and architecture so that you can take on the next great challenge and smoothly hand off existing projects to developers who will maintain and support production systems
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years of software architecture and C# .NET development
• 3+ years of experience developing high volume web services in C# .NET (multi-million daily transactions)
• BS/MS in Computer Science with high GPA
• Demonstrable experience with Agile methodology
• Azure development and C++ experience is highly desirable
• Enjoy both high-level architecture design and hands-on code development
• Experience with Visual Studio including source code control, establishing test routines for fast fail/forward coding, experience with moving code through test, staging and production cycles
• Experience in code review process where you welcome review of you code and offer respected and sound recommendations to your teammates
What you’ll Get in Return
We know you are an A-Player and that you want to work in the way that will allow you to be most productive, most respected and constantly challenged with customer facing coding issues. Here’s how we can help:
• You’ll be an early member of an engineering team that has already created incredible technology, but has equally challenging hurdles to clear
• You’ll have access to really smart people to help you think through the best possible approach
• Flexibility on the time and place of your work
• A product that your customers will truly love you for, and that you will be proud to be associated with
• The ability to make an impact on the culture of an exciting and fun startup as a respected technical expert
• A company that cares about your work/life balance and the community