Finally! It’s time for Ignite Portland 3. That’s right folks. Tonight! One night only! Tons and tons of pulse pounding action! We’ll
sell give you the whole seat but you’ll only need the edge!
Oh, I’m sorry. I might have gotten a tad carried away there.
But, seriously, Ignite Portland is a great event. And I’m looking forward to seeing you there. But—like the presentation format—it’s quick. So I thought it might helpful to give you a few tips to get the most out of your experience.
First, the venue info:
3702 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214
7:00 – 10:00 PM
Ticketholders get in at 5:30 PM
General Admission at 6:15 PM
Admission is always FREE
Here are some “Do”s and “Don’t”s that will help you get the most out of your first, second, or third Ignite Portland experience:
- DO rest up. You’ll need all the energy you can muster. Plus, there’s the after party.
- DO read the tagging guidance from the Ignite Portland folks.
- DON’T bring your laptop.*
- DO bring your camera, your phone, or any other way of capturing the event. Then upload it and tag it using the guidance from the Ignite Portland folks.
- DO get there early. Really early. I’m serious. Early. Did I say “Early”?
- DO be prepared to give everyone and anyone your Twitter name. (Don’t use Twitter? Get on it.)
- DO be nice to all the Legion of Tech folks and volunteers. (They’re all volunteers, actually. And they’re doing this in their free time.)
- DO talk to Kelly Guimont/@verso/Banana Lee Fishbones (she’s working the door) about Star Wars. (If all else fails, “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for,” or “I find your lack of faith disturbing,” may work.)
- DON’T be a wallflower. Talk to people in line while you’re waiting to get into the venue. Talk to people while you’re waiting in the food line. The Bagdad is a great venue for presenting, but talking to folks at breaks will take some doing.
- Now that you’re on Twitter, DO try to tweet about the event and hashtag it #ip3.
- DO try to get in front of Aaron Hockley and his camera. I swear, that guy even makes me look good. If not him, Kveton will make you look good too.
- DO take the chance to introduce yourself to me and tell me about the cool side projects you’re pursuing.
It’s going to be fun. I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
* Unless you’re Jason Harris.