You know those time when you’re rushing around, getting a bunch of stuff done, trying to make things happen, and yet, you’re still bugged by the fact that you’re forgetting something? Yeah. Did I forget my house key? Did I leave the oven on? Did I miss someone’s birthday? Oh yeah. Right. I forgot to write a Silicon Florist post about the PIE news this week.
So here are the highlights, for reference.
- First things first, PIE is back as an accelerator for early stage startups.
- Here are the companies we’re working with this time around:
- Additive Care offers a push button 3D printing solution for the healthcare industry
- AllGo (https://www.canweallgo.com) provides insights on the comfort and accessibility of public places for plus-size people
- CMDsense (http://cmdsense.com/) is transforming the construction industry through technology
- De Las Mias (https://delasmias.com/) empowers Latinas to live healthier lives
- Modern Adventure (https://www.modernadventure.com/) is an immersive travel brand offering exclusive experiences across the globe with the world’s most interesting people
- Nocturne Collective (http://nocturne.co/) crafts the systems your brand needs
- Praxis Department (http://www.thepraxisdepartment.com/) helps companies create resilient cultures that scale
- Varcity (https://varcitynetwork.com/) is a social network connecting student athletes to community
- Werkhorse fosters intuitive on-demand staffing
- Workfrom (https://workfrom.co/) hosts the largest database of workspaces for remote professionals
If any or all of this seems even remotely interesting to you, you can read more about it here:
- PIE a la mode: A new class in an old dairy
- GeekWire: The Portland Incubator Experiment returns after 3 years with new startups and restructured model
- The Oregonian: Portland Incubator Experiment returns with new class of startups after four-year hiatus
- Portland Business Journal: PIE exits three-year hiatus with a new home, new experiments
- Sampling the new flavor of PIE: Being transparent about progress to date on our 2018 objectives
[Full disclosure: I am the cofounder and general manager of PIE.]