October 25th, 2007
Ignite Portland was (insert your favorite fire-related metaphor here)
Held at the Wieden+Kennedy office in the Pearl, the rumored-to-be-oversold attendance numbers—somewhat miraculously—proved to be exactly the number of people allowed by the fire code. Go figure.
Topics of the 18 presentations ranged from knitting to unicycling to chickens to turning Japanese.
Rest assured, there was some geeky stuff, as well.
Exit polls are looking very positive. Every presenter should be very proud. (I’m not going to call any favorites. But if you want to do so in the comments, I won’t stop you.)
A heartfelt thanks to the organizers: Josh Bancroft, Dawn Foster, Todd Kenefsky, Raven Zachary, and the bevy of other geeks and non-geeks who helped make this a reality. And an equally heartfelt thanks to all of the presenters who made this whole thing incredibly interesting.
- Official Ignite Portland recap (to be posted October 26)
- Thank you thank you thank you for making Ignite Portland a success
- Ignite Portland kicked ass
- Ignite Portland event at W+K
- Cooling down after Ignite Portland
- Ignite and my bike
- Adam DuVander: Slides and links from Ignite Portland
- I know more about Russell Davies than I do about my boss sitting across from me
- For online Scrabble addicts
- Ignite: Stories and comments
- Ignite Portland Wrap-up
- All fired-up in Portland
- Ignite Portland debrief
- Burning down Portland (kind of)
- Ignite Portland: The Event
Got a recap? Post it to the comments and I’ll make sure to add it to the list.
(Personally, I got the chance to meet a bunch of the real-life versions of the avatars I see on a daily basis. To all of those folks, thank you so much. Great to see you. I know there were a bunch of people I missed, as well. And I’m truly sorry that we didn’t get the chance to meet.)
The next event is planned for January. Hope to see you—and meet you—there.