May 2nd, 2011
Top 10 Silicon Florist posts for April 2011: Badass-ness, Code for a Better World, Portland 100 and more
April around the Portland startup scene was quite a month. Full of good news but also marked with some decidedly sad news.
What did your peers find most interesting on Silicon Florist? Well, let’s rank the top 10 posts by Web and RSS traffic and see, shall we? We shall.
- How badass is your Portland neighborhood? Check the Portland Badass-ness Map
- Code for a Better World: How Nike went from flirting with the idea of open data to creating a fellowship with Code for America
- In memoriam, Paul @pdxflaneur Bingman
- Doing that Sunday job search thing? 25 Portland gigs that could be your next dream job
- Portland 100: Taking the next step in solidifying the Portland startup community
- REMINDER: Small Society is buying you lunch on Wednesday. You know, in a Portland Lunch 2.0 kind of way.
- I want to buy this. At this price. Tell me when that happens. Salemarked does, simply and elegantly
- Watch Y Combinator grads CarWoo and Cloudkick and the Portland Seed Fund launch from the comfort of your browser
- Alex Payne discusses BankSimple, Portland, investors, and startup life
- How many times can one man save the Internet? Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon is ratcheting up quite a record
And there we have it. Again, quite a month. I can’t wait to see what May holds for us.
(Image courtesy Rowdy Kittens. Used under Creative Commons.)