August 12th, 2008
Counting down to Inverge 2008
In less than a month, a number of luminaries will descend upon the Rose City for Inverge 2008, a two-day opportunity to share their insights about the convergence of media platforms.
So far, the following speakers have been confirmed:
- Joshua Green, Research Manager, Convergence Culture Consortium at MIT (back by popular demand)
- Renny Gleeson, Global Director of Digital Strategies, Wieden+Kennedy (conference emcee)
- Andy Mooney, Chairman, Disney Consumer Products, The Walt Disney Company
- Tony Uphoff, CEO, TechWeb
- David Card, VP & Research Director, JupiterResearch
- Karl Long, Product Manager of Ovi Games, Nokia
- Michael Tchao, General Manager, Techlab/Nike+, Nike
- Chris Heatherly, VP/GM, Disney Electronics; CTO, Disney Toys, The Walt Disney Company
- William Swartout, Director of Technology, USC Institute for Creative Technologies
- Marc Scarpa, producer/director of the MySpace LIVE! series and several episodes of the Live Nation Verizon VCAST Mobile performance series
- Ed Lantz, immersive art & entertainment expert, President & CTO, Vortex Immersion Media, Founder & Chair of Harmony Channel.
- Paul Matthaeus, Founder, Chief Creative Officer & Chairman, DIGITALKITCHEN
- Scott Kveton, Chairman, OpenID Foundation, VP of Open Platforms, Vidoop
- Richard Rosen, originator and chief architect of the Brand-Interaction Marketing & Advertising method, author of upcoming book Convergence Marketing
- And rumor has it that Raven Zachary has been confirmed to speak on one of his favorite topics, the Apple iPhone
For more information on topics and timing, see the Inverge schedule.
Need more reasons to attend? Okay, you’re a tough sell, but I’m a soft touch. How about this:
Inverge brings presenters and attendees together from a variety of professions and disciplines to explore changes and opportunities presented by the increasing digitization of media, the democratization of distribution and the proliferation of connectivity into new areas. The big picture is revealed via the unique integration of disciplines at the event. The presentations are high-level, informative and conceptual, pointing the way toward the future and facilitating advanced professional development.
Still not biting? Okay, well… How about a 2-for-1 deal? That’s right. I’ve been authorized to give you a 50% discount when you register two people. That means the price per person drops to below $200. Split the cost with a friend. Give someone a ticket as a gift.
Or look to scalp it on eBay.
To get your discount, simply visit the Inverge registration page and enter the code 2for1SF. That’s it. Easy!
What’s that? You don’t have anyone with whom to split this deal? Oh my. That IS a sad story. Okay, well enter the code SF and get a 25% discount. See there? Buck up, little camper. It’s all better.
Inverge 2008: the interactive convergence conference will take place Sept. 4 – 5 at the Armory in Portland’s Pearl District (128 NW 11th).