August 4th, 2009
Top 10 Silicon Florist posts for July 2009
Whatever happened to taking it easy during the summer, you crazy kids? Even with a series of 100 degree days, no one seems to be slowing down around the Silicon Forest. There were tons of things happening. And some especially momentous, um, moments.
I wanted to give you a look back. Just in case you were actually taking some time off. But I didn’t want to just grab a random post here and there. So here are the top 10 posts according to your peers—a combination of Web and RSS metrics—from Silicon Florist for July 2009. What’s more, I’m dubbing July the month of horrendously long headlines. Take a look.
- Portland Web and graphic design community to the City: Spec work? Ur doin it wrong
- As the Twitter turns: Chappelle’s (no) Show Portland or Dave’s not here… wait hold the phone, yes he is
- Portland, Oregon, is the most entrepreneurial town in the world (Note: Posted July 30, 2009. Eep.)
- Wifi, caffeine, and coworking: 10+ Portland coffee shops for meeting up with Portland’s tech types
- Love Twitter, your iPhone, and hide-and-seek? There’s an app for that: hideNtweet
- They’re in Oregon? 17+ projects that don’t get the Silicon Forest cred they deserve (Note: Published on June 30, but got all the traffic in July.)
- Portland Economic Development Strategy passes, City formally recognizes open source, mobile, coworking, and startup communities
- Nedspace II: Former Vidoop space in Old Town keeps its startup flare
- Oregon Small Business Boost results: Eugene’s Palo Alto Software gives away more than $3 million of software
- Ignite Portland 6: Tips and tricks or How to get the most out of your Ignite night
Wow. I can’t wait to see what you guys manage to accomplish in August.
(Image courtesy kthread. Used under Creative Commons.)