As you may know, Pirillo’s Gnomedex 8.0 is being held in Seattle at the end of this week. And any number of tech types are making the journey north for what has become one of the premiere events to gather and share ideas with some of the leading minds in tech blogging and podcasting.
This year, as part of the event, five folks from Ignite Portland have been invited to Gnomedex to give their 5-minute presentations all over again. (There are also folks from Ignite Seattle speaking.)
“As you know, Ignite Portland was inspired from the Ignite talks that I saw at Gnomedex last year,” said Portland’s Josh Bancroft, who will emcee the Portland presentations. “That got the ball rolling for Ignite Portland, and the rest, as they say, is history. ”
And what a rich history it is. Even with only three events under its belt. I honestly can’t think of any one event that has so captured the town’s imagination in such a short time.
So who from the Portland Ignites got the call?
- Kevin Fox of Vidoop for “How To Buy a Car for Under $1000”
- Jason Grigsby for “Cup Noodle: Innovation, Inspiration, and Manga”
- Vanessa Holfeltz for “Boiling Water in 5 Easy Steps”
- Mario Schulzke for “Why Deutschland Loves David Hasselhoff”
- Eva Schweber of CubeSpace for “How To Run a Startup and Not Lose Your Mind”
I’ll be up at Gnomedex, this year, as well. And I’m really look forward to seeing these folks present again—and to get the chance to see our compatriots from Ignite Seattle giving their presentations, as well.
Like every other Ignite, I can’t hardly wait for the show.