The last year has been busy, in a good way, for the AboutUs crew. Since we lunched with them last, they’ve been busy raising money, no easy feat in this economy, and staying atop the Portland Startup Index.
So, it’s settled. Just please make sure you RSVP over on Upcoming so they know how much food to get and drop a comment there if you’re a vegan or vegetarian.
It’s been a year now, with ten Lunches 2.0. Or is it Lunch 2.0s? Rick will know.
Here are a few of my personal highlights.
- Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese at Vidoop.
- Droves of Silicon Floristas showing up at CubeSpace to wish Rick a happy birthday.
- Comedic confusion at the Art Institute when we overlapped a career fair.
Do you have a Lunch 2.0 highlight? Share it in the comments.
Upcoming Portland Lunch 2.0s
Save these Dates
These haven’t been officially announced yet, but they are happening. Stay tuned for details.
- April 8 hosted by MioWorks at a location TBD
March 25April 22 at TechShop Portland in Beaverton
- May 20 hosted by WebVisions at the Oregon Convention Center
MioWorks needs a place to host their lunch. I guess their tiny office can’t hold 100+ people for lunch. So, if you have suggestions about where they could host, drop a comment, or noodle on it and wait for the official announcement.
Big thanks to all the hosts who have hosted or plan to host Lunch 2.0. I hope we can keep the Lunch 2.0 train rolling this year. Drop a comment (or tweet @jkuramot) if you want information about hosting one. It’s easy.