If you’re like many Silicon Forest types, today, you’re sitting and staring out the window at a wet and rainy September Saturday. Sad, I know.
But instead of sighing and twiddling your thumbs, why not put those thumbs to good use—by voting? There are all kinds of awesome SXSW interactive panels proposed by interesting Portland people just sitting there, waiting for your opinion.
What’s that? You thought SXSW voting was closed? Oh no, my friend. This is your reminder that you’ve been granted an extension—through the weekend.
So who’s vying for SXSW speaking slots this coming spring? A whole bevy of Portland types are hoping to be on the bill. Take a few minutes to read through the pitch and the questions they’re hoping to answer. Like it? Give it a thumbs up. Don’t like it? Thumbs down. Have some feedback? Make sure to leave a comment.
- Blending Traditional Support Techniques with Social Networking with Diana Potter
- Build a Live TV Station In Your Cube with Josh Bancroft
- Code Sprinting for Effective, Collaborative Development with Audrey Eschright, Reid Beels, and Igal Koshevoy
- Common Courtesy in the Digital Age with Chris Alan
- Companies and Communities: Participating Without Being Sleazy with Dawn Foster
- Don’t Move! Build a Startup Community Where You Live with Rick Turoczy
- History of the Button with Bill DeRouchey
- How to Sharpen Your Type-Identifying Eye with Bram Pitoyo
- Keeping the Internet Fresh With Social Annotation with Reid Beels
- Keeping Sane While Working From Home with Diana Potter
- Leveraging Animation in Communicating the User Experience with Kate Ertmann
- Slack is the ultimate currency with Bill DeRouchey
- Techniques for Monitoring Online Conversations with Free Tools with Dawn Foster
- Thriving as a Woman Business Owner in Visual Communication with Kate Ertmann
- Transform Your Boring Site Into An Interactive Game with Adam DuVander
- The Traveler’s Journey: From Clicks To Packed Bags with Stephen Landau and Mo Sherifdeen
- Way Cool Maps: Beyond Simple Mashups with Adam DuVander
- Web Developers, Type Designers & Browser Supporters: Ally! with Bram Pitoyo
- What Are Analytics? A Guide To Practical Data with Marshall Kirkpatrick
- When Humanity, Technology, and Social Media Collide: The Nike Chalkbot with Marcelino Alvarez
- Whuffaoke and the Magic of the Magic Bus with Alex H. Williams
Before you know it, you’ll have consumed an hour or two traipsing through proposals. Who knows? It might even stop raining by then.