When it comes to social media, no one truly personifies its power and potential quite like Gary Vaynerchuk. From using social media to exponentially grow his father’s wine business to guiding other organizations on how to genuinely participate, @Garyvee is a force of nature in the world of social media.
We’ve had the pleasure of hearing from Gary firsthand, both as a speaker encouraging Portland folks to “make it happen” and as an author encouraging everyone to “Crush It.” Now, Gary has a new book on the shelves—The Thank You Economy—and he will be coming back through Portland, Monday night, to tell us about it. Read More
Given the dearth of posts this week, you’d think nothing had happened in Portland, at all. Or that I simply wasn’t paying attention.
Luckily, neither is true.
As you’ve likely noticed, I’ve been heavy on the link round-ups, this week. And I’ve been holding back some of the major news.
Why? Well, I know folks are taking time off, enjoying the Portland weather, and *gasp* actually getting out from in front of their machines.
The stories will wait. And I want you to around to read them. I’m funny that way. So, they’ll be here next week, when you’re back at your machine and looking for the latest and greatest.
What kind of stories? Well I’m glad you asked.
- Did you know that the inimitable Gary Vaynerchuk of Wine Library TV was in town, this week? That’s right. And he helped the Legion of Tech launch their first Legion of Talk. That’s news. And, hopefully, when I run the write-up next week, we’ll also have video. Because, honestly, you don’t really get the full effect of Gary unless you get the full effect of Gary.
- And Portland Web Innovators held their fist Demolicious event, featuring five local developers and their current projects. Not only were all of the projects cool, there’s one in particular that I found so compelling that I thought it deserved a write-up of its own. Which one? You’ll just have to wait and see.
- Silicon Florist acquired Portland Lunch 2.0, so all of the news and notes about Portland Lunch 2.0 will appear here, from now on. Including the write-up on the latest lunch at Wieden+Kennedy and the next lunch at Souk.
- As always, there are a couple of top secret stories that may (or may not) break next week. That’s exciting, isn’t it?
- Oh and that’s not all, my friends. I’m sure there’s some news that I haven’t even learned about yet. Like why were Gary V and Loic Le Meur both in Portland at the same time? Inquiring minds, inquiring minds.
So, take some time off. Relax. Celebrate your independence.
And may you and yours have a safe an happy Fourth of July.
I’m looking forward to posting more next week.