June 1st, 2011
Top 10 Silicon Florist posts for May 2011: PDC, tech events, and stock options
Time keeps on cruising by. Lots of interesting stuff happening in town. Companies getting funded. Companies getting acquired. People making the news. Events starting to pick up. It’s summer in Portland.
But which stories got the most attention? Let’s take a look at the top 10 Silicon Florist posts for May 2011 as ranked by Web and RSS traffic.
- Sad irony: Portland Development Commission (PDC) forced to reduce staff including Gerald Baugh, the Software Cluster lead
- I know what you’ll do this summer: 8 major upcoming tech and geek events in Portland
- Need help understanding stock and options? Here’s a cheat sheet for entrepreneurs and startup employees
- Keeping it weird: Austin, Texas vs. Portland, Oregon — a startup support beat down
- Why a coworking incubator program is good for Portland
- Dear Portland Startups, Would you mind sharing your pretty face (or logo) again?
- HomeAway adds a Second Porch … and with it Facebook powered vacation rentals
- One million more reasons to love COLOURlovers: $1 million in funding
- Is that Hellboy in your pocket or are you just Buffy to see me? Dark Horse Comics unveils Dark Horse Digital iPhone and iPad apps
- This whole Facebook thing might just catch on: ShopIgniter secures $8 million in venture funding
(Image courtesy Bob Shepard. Used under Creative Commons.)