[Editor: Given the wealth of cool events happening in Portland on any given night, I thought it might be beneficial to have the people who drive these get-togethers give you their take on the events. “Why should you attend [whatever]?” So, with that, I introduce a new Silicon Florist series: Five Reasons]
Adam DuVander gives us five reasons we should all consider attending Portland Web Innovators.
- You enjoy topics that are a mixture of tech, design, and business.
- You like to learn about new projects and find collaborators
- You love building on the web, no matter what your job title is or what technology you use.
- You think about what can happen tomorrow, not what can’t happen today
- You want to learn from a live collaborative discussion between passionate people.
Sound like you? Well you’re in luck. Because the next Portland Web Innovators get-together is this week,
Tuesday (April Fools’!) Wednesday, April 2 at ISITE Design beginning at 7 PM. Entitled “Publishing Platform Wars!” the gathering will provide the opportunity to join the pdxwi types—the real users of these publishing systems—as they compare site publishing tools like Drupal, Bend-based ExpressionEngine, and WordPress.