If there’s one downside to Portland’s aggressive humility, it’s our reticence to celebrate our victories. Funding, launches, big customer wins.
Award-winning, Portland city guide startup Spotsi hosts an open-to-all getdown at the Cleaners for the launch of their new web site.
Spotsi is a web and mobile platform that allows people to share the stories that endear them to their own stomping grounds or unlock the secrets of a newly discovered city, with tailored guides like a punk rock tour of New York City or Pink Martini’s guide to Downtown Portland.
And they’re definitely bringing their Portland A-Team for the launch:
- The Chef: Chris Israel “That’s Entertainment”
- The Musician: Thomas Lauderdale “Pink Martini’s Downtown Guide”
- The Entrepreneur: Andy Baio “geek’s guide to attractions in PDX”
- The Creative Director: Peter Kallen, Design Director at Nau “Hill to Thrill”
- The Restauranteurs: Jane and Nate Tilden (owners of Clyde Common, Olympic Provisions, Spirit of 77) “Build a Restaurant”
So join the spotsi crew and a who’s who of Portland tour guides at The Cleaners, Thursday night, from 6PM until whenever. And maybe build a tour or two of your own.