It used to be that startups selected for an accelerator were kept under wraps and hidden until demo day for the big reveal. Now, more and more, accelerators are highlighting their classes at the outset—rather than the end.
Today, the Nike+ Accelerator powered by TechStars revealed the startups joining the program who will spend the next three months building solutions around Nike+ data.
And the lucky startups are:
- Chroma.io: An indie game studio that creates virtual worlds tied to real-world activity.
- CoachBase: Provides a digital sports coaching platform.
- FitDeck: Digital decks of exercise playing cards that deliver ever-changing workouts for fitness and sports.
- GeoPalz: An interactive gaming and rewards platform for kids and families.
- GoFitCause: Leverages fitness data as a means of raising money for charities.
- GoRecess: Helps users find, book and review fitness activities.
- HighFive: Ad network for health and fitness apps that helps people achieve their goals by rewarding them along their journey.
- Incomparable Things: Creates activity-driven fantasy sports leagues.
- RecBob: Offers a platform that makes recreational sports easy by organizing play.
- Sprout At Work: Provider of corporate wellness solutions leveraging social and gamification tools to inspire employees and empower employers.
And one of them is a Portland company—Chroma.io.
“We are excited by the response to the Nike+ Accelerator and the high caliber of applicants to the program,” said Stefan Olander, Nike VP of Digital Sport. “We recently celebrated the first year of NikeFuel and the Accelerator program is a natural next step to broaden and enhance the Nike+ ecosystem – allowing Nike to offer richer experiences to athletes of all levels.”
Startups began the program this week, which culminates in a demo day on the Nike campus,
June 13 June 10, 2013.
Combine that with the fact that the Portland Seed Fund is currently accelerating 11 companies and it’s shaping up to be a very interesting summer in Portland, this year.
For more information on the program, visit Nike+ Accelerator.