Portland is no stranger to coworking. It’s been popular as both an office format—and an ad hoc coffeeshop format—here since the turn of the century. But we’re not the only ones who love it anymore. It seems these days every city and town has their own set of awesome coworking spaces. And with this whole Portland coworking renaissance taking place, it’s nice to see Portland startup Workfrom organizing Portland’s own arm of International Coworking Week, next week.
Coworking sparked the rise of the sharing economy and has given countless individuals, entrepreneurs and startups across industries a way to affordably start and grow their passions into businesses.
This is a week devoted to celebrating those people and places creating the commons. It’s also a conference for freelancers, artists, startups and remote employees to connect, work alongside others, socialize, and learn tips for safer, more productive work in coworking environments.
Events will take place throughout the week of August 3rd at a variety of coworking spaces around town. Even better, those spaces will be hosting open coworking hours, allowing folks to try out new spaces or simply to dip their proverbial toe in the coworking waters.
Participating spaces and coffeshops include:
- Bare Bones – South East 2908 Se Belmont St
- CENTRL Office – Pearl District 1355 Nw Everett St Ste 100 @Centrloffice
- Christopher David – Pearl District 901 Nw 10Th Ave
- Collective Agency – Old Town 322 Nw 6Th Ave @Collectiveagenc
- Deskhub – Pearl District 334 Nw 11Th Ave @Thedeskhub
- Factory – South East 2505 Se 11Th Ave, Suite 202
- Forge Portland – Downtown 1410 Sw Morrison Street
- Hatch Community Innovation Lab – North East 2420 Ne Sandy Blvd, Portland
- Nxt Industries – The Lab – South East 1302 Se Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
- Pep Coworking Shop – Kenton 2121 N Willis Blvd
- St John’S Coffee Roasters – St John’s 7304 N Leavitt Ave
- Umpqua Bank – Director Park 750 Sw Yamhill St
- Venture Business Centers – Downtown 707 Sw Washington St Ste 1100
For more information, visit Coworking Week Portland.