Ooh. We’re getting close now. The Ignite Portland team just announced the lucky people who get to deliver presentations for Ignite Portland 5.
So who gets to spend a nerve-wracking and seemingly interminable five minutes on stage? Here are our latest
- Jim Ayala – The Universe Story
- Selena Deckelmann – How to kill three chickens in three years
- Dr. Jayson Falkner – Science. It works, bitches. DNA Edition.
- Kate “The Great” Folsom – the basics of writing good shit that people enjoy reading
- Sarah Gilbert – Hacking life with kids, but without a car
- Pete Grillo – Omelettes: Winners and Losers
- Aaron Hockley – Reading the Fine Print: You Gave Yourself Away
- Tara Horn – How to be a Refugee: Several not-so-easy steps from oppression to resettlement
- Jerry Ketel – How to know if you are a Narcissist.
- John Metta – How to creatively destroy pesky, non-moneymaking community efforts
- Bram Pitoyo – The Secret History of Fonts You May Not Know Before
- Isaac Potoczny-Jones – Open, Mobile, and Linux: A basic introduction to Android G1 development
- Russell Senior – Why Publicly Owned Fiber is the Answer to our Broadband Needs
- Chris Sullivan – Ham Radio: It’s not about talking to pork products (but we’re working on that)
- Damin Tarlow – If we want to change our environmental impact, forget the cars we need to fix our buildings
- A. L. Venable – Fashion! Music! Intrigue!: Why You Should Be Riding the Bus
- J-P Voillequé – Not your grandma’s game: Why you should be playing bridge.
Now is also a good time to remind you that tickets will be going “on sale” on February 5.
Congratulations to all those selected! I’m looking forward to seeing you on stage, dazzling 500+ of your closest friends with your burning ideas.