One of the newsletters I make sure to read every week is The DL by Daniel Li. Given his vantage at Madrona, the newsletter tends to focus on trends in venture capital and venture funded companies in the Pacific Northwest. To kick off the new year, Dan put together some slides to recap of the stuff he was tracking in 2020. And it’s a good reminder that there was some decent progress last year, even with all of the weirdness.Read More
No matter how well set up you’ve been as a remote employee, we’re all struggling with adapting to this new all remote, all of the time environment. That’s why I really appreciated the latest video from Portland’s Aaron Parecki on what sort of equipment makes for a more effective remote presentation setup — including lighting.Read More
[HTML1]What could possibly make presenting a PowerPoint presentation even more painful? How about presenting off the cuff in front of a crowd without ever having seen the slides? With content that covers who knows what?
So who gets to spend a nerve-wracking and seemingly interminable five minutes on stage? Here are our latest
- Jim Ayala – The Universe Story
- Selena Deckelmann – How to kill three chickens in three years
- Dr. Jayson Falkner – Science. It works, bitches. DNA Edition.
- Kate “The Great” Folsom – the basics of writing good shit that people enjoy reading
- Sarah Gilbert – Hacking life with kids, but without a car
- Pete Grillo – Omelettes: Winners and Losers
- Aaron Hockley – Reading the Fine Print: You Gave Yourself Away
- Tara Horn – How to be a Refugee: Several not-so-easy steps from oppression to resettlement
- Jerry Ketel – How to know if you are a Narcissist.
- John Metta – How to creatively destroy pesky, non-moneymaking community efforts
- Bram Pitoyo – The Secret History of Fonts You May Not Know Before
- Isaac Potoczny-Jones – Open, Mobile, and Linux: A basic introduction to Android G1 development
- Russell Senior – Why Publicly Owned Fiber is the Answer to our Broadband Needs
- Chris Sullivan – Ham Radio: It’s not about talking to pork products (but we’re working on that)
- Damin Tarlow – If we want to change our environmental impact, forget the cars we need to fix our buildings
- A. L. Venable – Fashion! Music! Intrigue!: Why You Should Be Riding the Bus
- J-P Voillequé – Not your grandma’s game: Why you should be playing bridge.
Now is also a good time to remind you that tickets will be going “on sale” on February 5.
Congratulations to all those selected! I’m looking forward to seeing you on stage, dazzling 500+ of your closest friends with your burning ideas.